GESI is an university research group on international security associated to the Department of Political Science and Public Administration from the University of Granada (UGR). This research group is made up by professors from several Spanish Universities who have been teaching and researching in the field of Security and defense. These are professors in the Master’s Degree in Strategic and International Security Studies from the UGR. The professors mostly belong to the Department of Political Science from the UGR as well as the Area of Political Science from the University Pablo de Olavide in Sevilla. This research group also includes Ph.D. Candidates, some of whom were former students of the Master’s Degree already named, and research assistants who are currently completing their undergraduate studies at the UGR. The call for research assistants in GESI is open at any time throughout the academic year.
GESI’s website aims to enhance the knowledge about issues related to strategic studies and international security as well as sparking public debate. The research of the Group is divided into three Programs: armed conflicts and political violence; Defense policy and military studies; and Intelligence and strategic analysis. The contents of the publications are the following ones:
- GESI Analysis: original monographic publications and occasionally about current issues. These are serial publications with the ISSN number: 2340-8421 and they are indexed in the Institutional Repository of the University of Granada (DIGIBUG), in Dialnet and in Google Scholar.
- RESI (Journal of International Security Studies): It is an open access scientific journal and external peer review which ISSN number is: 2444-6157. This journal is indexed in Latindex, Dialnet, REDIB (Ibero-American Network of Innovation and Scientific Knowledge), Directory of Open Access Journals,
- Columbia University International Affairs Online (CIAO), European Reference Index for the Humanities and Social Sciences (ERIHPLUS), Universia, Center for Security Studies Digital Library, Bielefeld Academic Search Engine (BASE), Open AIRE, WordlCat, SHERPA/RoMEO, MIAR, Dulcinea, Hispana and Google Scholar.
- Academic papers: these works prepared by GESI members are published in scientific journals, scientific magazines, book chapters or in think-tanks.
- Books: information about books which have been published by GESI members is given. Some of these books are collective works in which several members take part.
- Podcasts: popular science podcasts and videos as well as lectures presented during academic activities organised by GESI.
- Mosaic Blog: includes current and brief comments.
Contact details: Grupo de Estudios en Seguridad Internacional (GESI). Department of Political Science and Public Administration. Faculty of Political Sciences and Sociology. University of Granada. Calle Rector López Argüeta, 4. 18071-Granada (Spain). E-mail: email@example.com