GESI is an university research group on international security associated to the Department of Political Science and Public Administration from the University of Granada, Spain. The research group is composed by professors specialized on Security and Defense Studies. Most of them teach in the Master’s Degree in Strategic and International Security Studies, matrix of the group. The research group also includes some Ph.D. Candidates linked to the Master's direction. Degree students can collaborate temporarily with the group as research assistants.
GESI’s website aims to enhance the knowledge about issues related to strategic studies and international security as well as sparking public debate. The research of the Group is divided into three Programs: armed conflicts and political violence; Defense policy and military studies; and Intelligence and strategic analysis. The contents of the publications are the following ones:
- GESI Analysis: original monographic publications and occasionally about current issues. These are serial publications with the ISSN number: 2340-8421 and they are indexed in the Institutional Repository of the University of Granada (DIGIBUG), in Dialnet and in Google Scholar.
- RESI (Journal of International Security Studies): It is an open access scientific journal and external peer review which ISSN number is: 2444-6157. This journal is indexed in Emerging Sources Citation Index, Latindex, Dialnet, REDIB (Ibero-American Network of Innovation and Scientific Knowledge), Directory of Open Access Journals, Columbia University International Affairs Online (CIAO), European Reference Index for the Humanities and Social Sciences (ERIHPLUS), Universia, Center for Security Studies Digital Library, Bielefeld Academic Search Engine (BASE), Open AIRE, WordlCat, SHERPA/RoMEO, MIAR, Dulcinea, Hispana and Google Scholar.
- Academic papers: these works prepared by GESI members are published in scientific journals, scientific magazines, book chapters or in think-tanks.
- Books: information about books which have been published by GESI members is given. Some of these books are collective works in which several members take part.
- Podcasts: popular science podcasts and videos as well as lectures presented during academic activities organised by GESI.
- Mosaic Blog: includes current and brief comments.
Contact details: Grupo de Estudios en Seguridad Internacional (GESI). Department of Political Science and Public Administration. Faculty of Political Sciences and Sociology. University of Granada. Calle Rector López Argüeta, 4. 18071-Granada (Spain). E-mail: email@example.com